Apple and Gorgonzola Salad
This dressing is one my Grandmother used to make. I added the Gorgonzola. I mistakenly marinated the apples in the dressing for a few hours one day and it tasted so good, I do it every time now.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the apple and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Divide endive between two plates; top with apple mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 30g fat (20g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Curly Endive, Apple and Gorgonzola Salad in Reminisce December/January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.