This dressing is one my Grandmother used to make. I added the Gorgonzola. I mistakenly marinated the apples in the dressing for a few hours one day and it tasted so good, I do it every time now.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the apple and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Divide endive between two plates; top with apple mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple and Gorgonzola Salad in Reminisce December/January 2010, p52