Apple and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the greens, apples, raisins and grapes. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
"Most delicious salad I have made in a while. A perfect balance between the dressing, greens and fruit. The goat cheese and walnuts on top were perfect and reminded me of the fresh salads one would receive in an upscale restaurant. All of my dinner guests complimented this recipe. Thank you for sharing!"
"This was a very tasty and filling salad. Will definitely make it again."
"Try liquid or powdered Stevia in the dressing as a substitute for honey. Keep in mind that it is 300x as sweet as sugar, so only a tiny amount is needed. Stevia is a natural, herbal sweetener that has all kinds of uses."
"tastydog1, An easy way to eliminate honey from the diet is to substitute it with the sugar-free varieties of pure maple syrup, light or dark corn syrup or molasses.Read more: Sugar Free Honey Substitutes | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7354744_sugar-honey-substitutes.html#ixzz16zbrKqmE"
"Is there something else I could substitute for the honey. I'm diabetic and shouldn't have honey. The only thing I can think of off hand is maybe a little Splenda."
"delicious and easy"
"Great recipe! Made it 3 x already and getting ready to make it again -- Highly recommended!"