- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 2 large pitted prunes, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 dried apple slices, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Melt margarine in a nonstick saucepan. Add almonds; cook and stir over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in prunes, raisins and apple slices; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApple Almond Pilaf
"I found this in an old TOH mag next to a yogurt biscuit recipe I use faithfully...it was great! What a different flavor the honey adds to the rice. My toddler loved it too, which is always a hit. I'll be making this again and passing it on."