Apple, Almond & Cashew Wraps
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 flavored flour tortillas of your choice (8 inches)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple tidbits
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spread over tortillas.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over nut mixture. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut each into six slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 85 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 10, 2016
TastY appetizer. We added pumpkin pie spice for a richer flavor. Would use a Granny Smith Apple next time, for a bit of tartness.
Oct 19, 2013
Almonds- whole, chopped coarse, slivered? Cashews- whole or chopped coarse? Apples- 1 cup or 1 apple? I'd love to try this recipe but it needs more clarification please.
Aug 9, 2013
Looking forward to making this recipe, but it doesn't state what type of almonds. Whole, sliced, slivered???? Does it matter which type you use?
Feb 6, 2012
We apologize the cashews were originally omitted. We've adjusted the recipe to include 3/4 cup almonds and 1/2 cup cashews. It will be updated here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Dec 27, 2011
Great for healthy snack. Where are the cashews? Don't toast the almonds too long! Easy for early teen to make and better for snacking than other things!Added a scoop of yogurt to moisten it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.