VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 3 medium tart apples, diced
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple 'n' Beef Bean Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p129