- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled Braeburn or other apples (about 4 medium)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a nonreactive Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 6-8 hours before serving. May refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Yield: about 7 cups.
Reviews forApple & Sweet Pepper Relish
"This recipe makes alot, but our family loves it. We think it tastes better than the recipe that Cracker Barrel has."