- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut off a thin slice from the top of each potato; discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. thick shells; transfer to a large bowl. Mash pulp with butter, adding brown sugar and orange zest. Fold in apple and pecans.
- Spoon into potato shells. Return to baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple & Pecan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
"These are great, left out the sugar an butter and they were very tasty, added some cranberry with the apples and pecans."
"I omitted the orange peel because I didn't have any oranges in the house. I added some goat cheese because my kids and husband like everything better with cheese. Delicious!"
"Made this for dinner tonight. Very tasty. It is a keeper for sure....I didn't make any changes....."
"This was excellent. I did leave out the sugar and did 2 apples instead of one. I was short on prep. and baking time, so I did all of the cooking in the microwave. I was able to prep, bake and have them on the table in 30 minutes. My husband thought they were delicious and all 6 of the children liked them."