I found my stuffing recipe in a magazine years ago and made a few tweaks. I took out the pork sausage, and everyone likes the simpler version that features fruit and veggies.—Jeanne Horn, Duluth, Minnesota
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups cubed Italian bread
- 5 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking sheets.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add apples, apricots, parsley and bread cubes. Stir in broth and melted butter. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Apple & Apricot Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014