Appetizer Pizzas Recipe
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- TRADITIONAL PIZZAS:
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- MEDITERRANEAN PIZZAS:
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 carton (7 ounces) hummus
- MARGHERITA PIZZAS:
- 9 thin slices tomato
- 1 package (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1. Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Place oiled side down on grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed. Brush tortillas with oil; turn and top with pizza toppings.
- 2. For Traditional Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with pepperoni and cheese. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pizza sauce.
- 3. For Mediterranean Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with tomato, olives, feta cheese and onions. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is heated through. Cut into wedges; serve with hummus.
- 4. For Margherita Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with tomato slices, mozzarella cheese and basil. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pesto. Yield: 9 appetizer pizzas.
1 slice of each variety: 358 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Appetizer Pizzas
"These were so quick and easy to make and everyone loved them! I had planned to make them on the grill, but a thunderstorm came through, so I baked them for 5 min. at 425-degrees in the oven. Will definitely make these often. The Margherita version disappeared before I could take a picture and the Traditional version went very quickly too!"
"This is really good!"