Appetizer Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 to 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large plastic bag; add onions. Seal bag and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Drain and reserve marinade from onions. On soaked wooden skewers, thread a piece of chicken, onion, mushroom and another chicken piece.
- Place on a broiler rack. Broil 5 in. from the heat, turning and basting with reserved marinade after 3 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 58 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2012
I was wondering if you use the second marinate and cook in oven as casserole.
Jul 25, 2010
Marinated chicken only...had enough marinade for 6 (5 oz.) breast halves plus 1/3 c. set aside for basting. Threaded onto long skewers for a family meal, using the mushrooms and red onion petals in place of the green onions, then grilled them. Wonderful!
Jan 19, 2010
Very yummy!!! Marinaded the meat overnight. added onions a few hours before assembling to flavor them too. These cooked up very well in the oven; soak skewers before assembling. Added bonus - leftovers will be great in chinese dish.