Anytime Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, green pepper, oregano and cumin in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, broth, water, brown sugar, chili powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 241 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 10g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Anytime Turkey Chili
"This recipe is a good idea, but too bland, too tasteless. I suggest you increase the spices and consider adding tomatoes with jalapenos."
"Wonderful flavors! Ou new favorite chili!"
"Wonderful flavors! Our new favorite chili!"
"I really wanted to like this, but we didn't."
"Good Autumn recipe - used butternut squash in stead of pumpkin and it makes lots! Freezes well for quick meals on hand"
"This isn't my favorite chili recipe, but it was pretty good. DH and I liked it but the kids would not eat it."
"We did not like this at all."
"This recipe has become a regular at my house. I love the thick texture. I've substituted ground turkey at times and that comes out good as well."