Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, oregano and pepper; set aside. In a 10-in. oven-proof skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Pour reserved egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and capers. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 138 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 4, 2013
I really liked this and in reading it you made me realize that I could have some cheese or other items on "my" side of the frittata. I add the cheese or capers to one side but added sauteed red bell peppers instead. Sort of like making a pizza with things on each side that my husband and I like or can have. I made his side lower in sodium. I always stick this is a hot oven the last couple of minutes to finish the top (I'm picky about runny eggs). Remember to cover your skillet handle completely with foil if it isn't heat proof.
Feb 21, 2012
This is so tasty! The capers and feta lend a mildly salty flavor, so resist the urge to add salt to the recipe.
Jan 28, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this. I would not normally put feta on eggs, but it was a nice change of pace. I halved it (just fine) for the two of us so we wouldn't have leftovers. Used canned (drained)!tomatoes since I didn't have fresh, and that worked too!
Oct 21, 2010
excellent. made several times. have even added very small amount of veggies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.