- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, oregano and pepper; set aside. In a 10-in. oven-proof skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Pour reserved egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and capers. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAnytime Frittata
"I really liked this and in reading it you made me realize that I could have some cheese or other items on "my" side of the frittata. I add the cheese or capers to one side but added sauteed red bell peppers instead. Sort of like making a pizza with things on each side that my husband and I like or can have. I made his side lower in sodium. I always stick this is a hot oven the last couple of minutes to finish the top (I'm picky about runny eggs). Remember to cover your skillet handle completely with foil if it isn't heat proof."
"This is so tasty! The capers and feta lend a mildly salty flavor, so resist the urge to add salt to the recipe."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this. I would not normally put feta on eggs, but it was a nice change of pace. I halved it (just fine) for the two of us so we wouldn't have leftovers. Used canned (drained)!tomatoes since I didn't have fresh, and that worked too!"
"excellent. made several times. have even added very small amount of veggies."