- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water and soups until blended. Add the vegetables, bouillon, parsley and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 15 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews forAnything Goes Sausage Soup
"Amazing soup, the broth is to die for. I used hot sausage and 6oz evaporated milk. Wow"
"I make this soup for work lunches and always get requests for the recipe and to make it again and again."
"What a great soup!! Adding the evaporated milk at the end is like adding a bow to a present!!!"
"The sausage seemed to get lost in this hearty soup. I will make again but adding more sausage."
"WOW!! What a great recipe. Followed directions as written except zucchini (which I didn't have but will add next time) and I used some elk italian sausage which added a little zip and lowered fat content. Definitely added to meal rotations."
"I had a ton of compliments on this recipe, and many people asked for the recipe. It is easy to throw together, and is good and tasty."
"Super! Everyone loved it. Made according to recipe and will definitely make again. Even the non- soup lover, said it was very good and took left-overs."
"Made this the other night and my family loved it! I swiched out the cream of mushroom for cream of chicken and the cabbage for a bag of baby spinach. So yummy."
"See below review."