Any Holiday Sprinkle Cookies
You can roll this cookie dough in any colored sugar to suit any holiday. I use red and green for Christmas, pastel colors for Easter and green for St. Patrick's Day. After rolling dough in sugar, the logs can be frozen for up to 2 months. Let logs thaw out slightly before slicing. They're easier to slice if very firm.—Lynn Merendino, Marysville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons colored sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in coconut.
- Shape into two 6-in. logs; roll each in colored sugar and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Any Holiday Sprinkle Cookies in Cookies & Candies Recipe Cards 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.