Antipasto Spinach Salad
A jazzed-up Italian dressing tops off this fresh-tasting medley. With lots of red and green color, this is a festive starter for your Christmas feast.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups torn radicchio leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound hard salami, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, radicchio, beans, artichokes, onion, salami, mozzarella, pepper and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 176 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Warm Antipasto Spinach Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.