Antipasto Spinach Salad
A jazzed-up Italian dressing tops off this fresh-tasting medley. With lots of red and green color, this is a festive starter for your Christmas feast.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups torn radicchio leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound hard salami, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, radicchio, beans, artichokes, onion, salami, mozzarella, pepper and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.