Antipasto Salad with Basil Dressing
“Serve this as an appetizer, side salad or a light meal. It's perfect for a family gathering or romantic picnic for two.” - Hunter Marlo of Blacksburg, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 6 thin slices hard salami, quartered
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup salad croutons
- BASIL SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-1/2-qt. glass bowl, layer the first 10 ingredients in order listed. Cover and chill until serving.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 332 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Antipasto Bread Salad with Sweet Tomato Basil Dres in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008