Antipasto Salad with Basil Dressing
“Serve this as an appetizer, side salad or a light meal. It's perfect for a family gathering or romantic picnic for two.” - Hunter Marlo of Blacksburg, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 6 thin slices hard salami, quartered
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup salad croutons
- BASIL SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-1/2-qt. glass bowl, layer the first 10 ingredients in order listed. Cover and chill until serving.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour over salad; toss to coat.