Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Red, yellow and green food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Combine the first three ingredients; press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 6 minutes. Cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture. Fold in sour cream. To make decorations, if desired: Place 1 tablespoon of filling in each of three small bowls; using food coloring, tint filling in one bowl pink, one yellow and one green. Add lemon zest to remaining filling; pour into crust. Using a small spoon or a pastry bag, use colored filling to draw decorations on top of cheesecake (a toothpick will help define shapes). Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center still jiggles. Do not overbake. The center should not be completely set when removed from oven. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Chill overnight.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2016
I made this for my husband for Father's Day, and it was fabulous! The only thing that I changed was that I doubled the graham cracker crust recipe and shaped it up around the edge of the spring form pan. Also, I substituted the sour cream for Greek yogurt. I will make this again....probably for hubby's birthday because he always asks for cheesecake instead of traditional birthday cake. Oh, and I didn't bother with decorating it like the instructions said. Yummy, yummy, yummy! ??,
Jan 27, 2015
Absolutely delicious (and I am not that fond of cheesecake)! I made this for my husband's birthday sans decorations. I used Neufch?tel cheese and fat free sour cream.
Nov 26, 2012
What an incredible cheesecake. I only made half the amount of filling and that was lots!
May 7, 2011
I made this for Mother's Day. :-) It is so creamy and the perfect sweetness! I didn't add the lemon zest because I didn't want anything messing with the smoothness. I have a friend who is gluten intolerant so I made it without the crust. Who needs crust, anyway?! :) Thanks for sharing such a wonderful, creamy recipe! Terrific dessert...or breakfast! :-D
Dec 31, 2010
I have made this about 10 times. People keep asking for this specific cheesecake. Smooth and yummy. Just feels good on your tongue. I don't do the decorations on top, just serve with cold cherry pie filling.
Apr 5, 2010
This is the best cheesecake I ever made. I made this cheesecake recipe for our 45th anniversary. I left off the decorations, and used a homemade strawberry sauce to top it with. This is the best---fantastic; I would make again.EH