Ann’s Special Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup small shell macaroni
- 1 can (14 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained or 1 tomato, seeded and diced or 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sweet or dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender. Rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl. Add tuna, celery, onions, peas and pimientos; toss gently to mix. Combine Miracle Whip, pickle relish, ketchup, mustard and cream; fold into the salad. Add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 434 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 31, 2016
It was very good. We omitted the mustard and ketchup because we used our own homemade mayonnaise for this recipe and it already had mustard in . I doubled it and added a can of salmon and it was gobbled up at our church picnic.
Nov 11, 2013
i must try it ..... www.botagaz.com
Jul 6, 2010
Too sweet for me...I should have known when Miracle Whip was listed as a main ingredient! But it's a very flexible recipe...you can probably throw in just about whatever you like. (I added chopped eggs, walnuts and black olives.) Overall we enjoyed it... I might even make it again if I can figure our how to unsweeten it a bit.
Jul 15, 2008
My daughter just loved this. The dressing is much better than plain old mayo, though I did add a generous pinch of seasoned salt to it. I also added a couple of chopped hard-boiled eggs. Chopped radishes would also be a good addition.
May 29, 2008
I use this dressing for other salads as well--easily can substitute fat-free mayo or veggie ingredients to your liking. I sometimes leave out the meat completely.
Dec 15, 2007
i would add to this recipe chopped green pepers & substitute black olives for the pimientos
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.