Ann's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
My mother used to bake these cookies. I call this recipe my own, though, since I've made a few changes over the years.—Ann Petereson, Camano Island, Washington
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, coconut and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
2 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Ann's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"INCREDIBLE.Be sure to make a double batch as they do disappear quickly!! I loved the combination of all the ingredients. I used the walnuts and it made them excellent."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC