Ann’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 9 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, coconut and walnuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 31, 2010
INCREDIBLE.Be sure to make a double batch as they do disappear quickly!! I loved the combination of all the ingredients. I used the walnuts and it made them excellent.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.