- 2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and aniseed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Add apple juice and mix well.
- On a floured surface, knead until well blended, about 4-5 minutes. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 2-in. shapes. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine sugar and cinnamon; roll cookies in the mixture while still warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forAnise Cutout Cookies
"These are really yummy! They needed more anise flavor though. So, we added a full Tblsp. Anise seeds and added 1-1/2 teasp. Anise flavoring. Perfection! Hit the flavor out of the Ballpark!"
"We love these. Are. Just like my Mother in law's recipe"