Anise Butter Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoons aniseed, crushed
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice concentrate and aniseed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over cookies. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 253 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Anise Butter Cookies
"These were very hard to work with and very plain tasting, sorry."