- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoons aniseed, crushed
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice concentrate and aniseed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over cookies. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forAnise Butter Cookies
"These were very hard to work with and very plain tasting, sorry."