- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in spinach and cherries; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large bowl; sprinkle with nutmeg and toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAngel Hair with Chicken & Cherries
"I that this was delicious, however, the rest of my clan thought it was on the dry side."
"This was delicious. My daughter is allergic to dairy and tomatoes. I left the parmesan off and she loved it."
"Great dish, I I didn't have pine nuts, which I love, but used all pecans instead, very tasty!"
"This was very good. Dried cherries were too expensive, so I also used cherry-infused dried cranberries (Craisins). Everyone enjoyed it, and I'll be making it again."
"This was not good. It was really dry. Needs some sort of sauce."
"Really enjoyed this! I could not find dried cherries, but I did find dried cherry infused cranberries, which tasted great. A wonderful and unexpected combination of subtle flavors."