Angel Hair Shrimp Bake Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the pasta, shrimp, feta cheese, Swiss cheese and salsa. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil and oregano.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and yogurt; pour over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 220 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Angel Hair Shrimp Bake
"This is a award winning recipe from before 2001. From Mr. William Sarnecky, Chester VAHe was the first place winner in the Dairylicious pasta Dishes Contest sponsored by the Southeast United Dairy Assn, Atlanta GA. I have the book. I have made it over many times. Sorry Susan Davidson- Elm Grove, WI- not yours!A great variation is to add some Cooked italian sausage in place of the shrimp.This recipe is great hot or room temp. Perfect for pot luck! Thank you Mr. Sarnecky!"
"loved it I did not use the yogurt I did the mayo and ranch dressing"
"I've made this recipie several times. However, on a recent trip to the beach, and no grocery store around, I found myself having to make some substitutions, and we are glad we did! Instead of using the half-and-half and yogurt, I used mayonnaise and ranch dressing. I think this has been the best shrimp bake we have made!"
"This dish was great! However, the shrimp did take longer to cook."
"one of my absolute favorite things to make. So delicious!"
"This angel hair shrimp bake is a MUST to make! Every year on my friend's birthday she requests I make this dish for her as it is one of her favorites!"
"My daughter is very picky on what she eats . She like the rest wants seconds."
"My family loved it! I made a few changes. I couldn't find the pre-made pasta, had to use my own. I had 1/2 cooked shrimp and 1/2 uncooked. I bought fresh parsley but must have accidentally gotten cilantro out of habit, gave it a nice surprise! It does make a lot, offered some to the neighbor. I would make it again."
"This recipe sounded delicious and easy. I just made it and have to say it is not very good. I used half the salsa and herbs and that's all I can taste. I can't even taste the shrimp or cheeses. What a waste of great ingredients."
"Do you think the calories and carbs are calculated correctly for this dish? It looks great, but usually angel hair pasta comes with too many carbs and raises my blood sugar."