Angel Hair Pesto
Add crusty bread and a salad to this easy pasta dish to make a complete meal in mere minutes. "The creamy sauce with fresh tomatoes and basil is a pleasant change from traditional tomato-based sauces," writes Irene Smoliga of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, cream cheese, garlic and basil; cover and process until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with tomatoes and pesto; sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 499 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Pesto Pasta in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.