Add crusty bread and a salad to this easy pasta dish to make a complete meal in mere minutes. "The creamy sauce with fresh tomatoes and basil is a pleasant change from traditional tomato-based sauces," writes Irene Smoliga of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, cream cheese, garlic and basil; cover and process until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with tomatoes and pesto; sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Pasta in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p11