Angel Food with Caramel Fluff
My mother received this recipe from her neighbor, who made the most glorious angel food cake. It's a dessert that always impresses guests.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, brown sugar and vanilla just until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with some of the whipped cream mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Fluff for Angel Food Cake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.