By using different food coloring and fresh fruits, I have fun "dressing" this dessert for various occasions throughout the year. It's a great way to get the kids involved in kitchen duty.
Recommended: 21 Easter Cake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, defrosted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Slice cake into thirds horizontally. If desired, tint the topping pink with a few drops of food coloring. Spread each layer with topping and 1 cup fruit (well drained, if frozen). Reassemble layers and spread remaining topping over entire cake. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food Torte in Country Woman March/April 1991, p37