- 1 angel food cake (8 inches)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- Sugar or sugar substitute to taste, optional
- Cut the cake in half; tear one half into small pieces and set aside. Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices; arrange in the bottom of a waxed paper-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, overlapping as needed. Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth. Gently press the small cake pieces into ice cream. Cover and freeze. Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste. Cut dessert into squares and top with strawberries. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forAngel Food Ice Cream Cake
"We enjoyed this and thought it was a perfect texture. We added strawberries and blueberries without sugar and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you!"
"Fast, easy, delicious, make ahead recipe enjoyed by all. I used frozen strawberries as the topping! Will definately make this again."
"Since my last review of this recipe I was asked by my neighbor to make this for her get together. This time I added strawberriews under the ice cream and then covered the whole top with strawberries,,,,will let you know what they thought of it. Its in the freezer now and looks great!"
"It was great, we all loved it. I used canned pie filling which consisted of Raspberries, Strawberries and blueberries for the topping,,,,it was a hit!"
"I added a layer of sliced strawberries under the icecream. We all loved it!"