Angel Food Dream
No one can resist a slice of this dreamy dessert. If you'd like a switch from the strawberry filling, try blackberries, blueberries or even peaches. And, when I serve this cake on a holiday, I've been known to put food coloring in the topping—green works well for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.—Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/3 cup of syrup. Split cake horizontally into two layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spoon strawberries over bottom layer; spread with 3-1/4 cups whipped topping. Replace top layer. Drizzle with reserved syrup. Garnish with remaining whipped topping, and strawberries and mint if desired.
Originally published as Angel Food Dream in Country Woman July/August 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.