VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/3 cup of syrup. Split cake horizontally into two layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spoon strawberries over bottom layer; spread with 3-1/4 cups whipped topping. Replace top layer. Drizzle with reserved syrup. Garnish with remaining whipped topping, and strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food Dream in Country Woman July/August 1997, p37