Angel Food Candy Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Pour into prepared pan but do not spread; cool. Break into pieces.
- 3. Dip each candy halfway into white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Dip plain half of candies into dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 343 calories, 11g fat (10g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Angel Food Candy
"After making this and getting a dense chewy candy, I did more searching and found most recipes go to the hard crack stage."