Angel Food Candy
Dipped in both white and dark chocolate, this two-toned candy really stands out on the goody tray. A batch is a tasty gift as well.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing Cook: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Pour into prepared pan but do not spread; cool. Break into pieces.
- Dip each candy halfway into white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Dip plain half of candies into dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 343 calories, 11g fat (10g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.