- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained or 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 8 slices
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, strawberries, oranges and apples. Fold in bananas. Spoon a heaping 1/2 cupful over each slice of cake. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forAngel Food Cake with Fruit
"This recipe was so quick. It is one of those that you can make with pretty much ingredients you already have. I even cheated (because of time factor) and bought an already-prepared Angel Food cake. I think I spent 15 minutes putting this together, yet it seemed as if I had slaved in the kitchen for quite a while. Great recipe!"
"I made it just as written and it was a hit with six adults who were watching their weight; Will make again and again."
"I thought this recipe was clean and refreshing. I like light desserts. Keep up the good work."
"It was great...I served it for my bridge group and it was so light and easy"
"The next time this recipe will be use it will be for my granddaughter to earn a badge in Girl Scouts. She needs to make a simple dessert and put it together at a meeting.So what is simpler then buying the cake at the store and mixing the other ingredients and putting it together and serve to a large group of hungry girls"
"This was wonderful and fast and easy and I want to thank you and please don't listen to all the ones that give a bad review they are jealous and from 1 georgia girl to another it was great"
"Thank you Jennifer, for a great, quick idea for desert. I am a diabetic and sometimes I'm just too busy or frazzled to think what to serve a guest or ourselves, for a desert. It's a lovely idea, one that I never thought of. Ignore the comments from the chefs we're supposed to bow down to. Surely, at some point before you became so Godlike, you too had days that you just couldn't think of a thing to serve. Sometimes the simplest is the best. Shame on you! I, for one, will definitely serve this again."
"I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful. I have made something similar to this,instead of canned pie filling, I use pudding ( chocolate and vanilla ) or yogurt, with fresh fruit or cook fruit with sauce. I never thought of using canned pie filling.Great idea, for those times when you need something quick."