- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces)frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake (18 inches) , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint each blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. In a mixing bowl, beat the yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture, a third of the berries and half of the remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forAngel Berry Trifle
"Absolutely delicious. It had such a light and fluffy taste to it. Will definitely make again."
"Delicious. Made this for my children when they were young and now making it for their children already in college. Sometimes they want me to substitute cherry pie filling for the fruit."
"It was a hit at the party at work, today! But, one suggestion, double the recipe for all but the cake and fruit. I was finding the pudding blend and the whipped topping were sparse when I got to the top layer, so I ended up using a 2nd tub of Cool Whip at the top. Was still deeee-lish!"
"All time favorite"
"I made this trifle for my husband's retirement party. Several guests watch their sugar and calorie intake so a light dessert was in order. I used fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries. My bowl would not accommodate all the layers but it was easy enough to adjust accordingly. There were two other desserts available but the trifle was completely cleaned out. What a delicious, light summer treat!"
"The angel berry trifle is absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it for the fourth of July and I was tempted to eat the whole bowl--but of course, I didn't. :)"