Andouille-Shrimp Cream Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, saute the first six ingredients in butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the corn, tomatoes, broth, thyme, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 390 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 30, 2016
Made this soup for a charity soup cook off and it placed 2nd. A real hit for those who love spicy.
Feb 13, 2015
was great tasted awesome ....................
Oct 23, 2014
Amazing, saw this in the magazine and knew it would be a knock out! Good enough for company with some cheddar jalapeño cornbread :)
Jun 6, 2013
This recipe is amazing. I will be making this recipe again. Everyone raved over it. 5 stars all the way.
Jan 16, 2013
spicy & creamy! chunky and very satisfying. will defintely make again. would be great for adult dinner party. mmm mmm good!
Dec 11, 2012
Absolutely wonderful! We made this a few weeks ago and can't wait to make it again. It was a very hearty soup, more like a stew in that there was not much broth.
Jan 18, 2012
A delicious soup to spice you up on a cold winter night. These flavors are a departure from my usual pantry staples, but I will definitely be making it again. It's zippy, flavorful, and delicious with a side of corn bread. I highly recommend this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.