Andouille Egg Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Taco sauce, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage, chilies and jalapeno; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with taco sauce if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 460 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 996mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 4, 2013
These are quick and easy to make for those mornings that you want something a little more heartier than cereal. They freeze well too. Lots of flavor and not too spicy.
Sep 23, 2011
Great flavor and gives that great New Orleans flavor. Adding a little picante sauce adds just another layer of flavor.
Feb 13, 2010
Waaaaay too spicy
Jan 10, 2010