Give yourself a morning wake-up-call with these spicy burritos. They make a great on-the-go breakfast, but try them weeknights for a delicious and different dinner. -Frank Millard of Janesville, Wisconsin
Featured In: Breakfast Burrito Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Taco sauce, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage, chilies and jalapeno; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Andouille Egg Burritos in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p31
Reviews forAndouille Egg Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011
"Great flavor and gives that great New Orleans flavor. Adding a little picante sauce adds just another layer of flavor."
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2010
"Waaaaay too spicy"
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010