- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forAmish Breakfast Casserole
"Made this for a church pot luck and brought home an empty dish. I did use hot sausage instead of bacon and liked the flavor it added."
"I make this several times a year, I bring it to staff breakfasts at my school as well. Always a hit."
"Yummy! I’d make it again."
"Used sausage instead of bacon, added 1/2 cup milk, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Very good."
"Very good, will make again for sure."
"Family enjoyed it!"
"It was ok, not bad but not super."
"Made this on a beach trip. Used potatoes o'brien, and added mushrooms, used shredded bacon cheddar cheese and sharp cheddar. This was fantastic! So many different things you could add. Loved it!"
"I made this as the recipe directed (except I prepared my bacon on a sheet pan in the oven and then added it along with drippings to the skillet with onion), and it was delicious. The first batch went to the kids at church, so my own family requested a batch for home. Simple to prepare. Hearty and Satisfying."