- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, blend pudding and milk according to package directions. Add honey, orange peel and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream. In individual dessert dishes, layer half of the pudding, banana slices, orange sections, coconut and almonds. Repeat the layers. Chill. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forAmbrosia Pudding
"A little sweet. It may have been better with more bananas and leaving the oranges out all together. Not really sure, but I didn't enjoy it enough to make again."
"Left out the Almonds. This was very good."
"I made half a recipe and ate it all myself. When I make a full recipe for friends I will be sure to drain the oranges well and to make the dessert the same day I plan to serve it."
"great taste and wonderful cool and refreshing dessert that is not heavy. We all love it. will make this one of our favorites."
"Omitted almonds. Yummy!"