- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, orange juice, butter, orange peel and salt until well blended. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ambrosia Pecan Pie
"this is my original creative recipe that won the Georgia/Crisco Pecan pie recipe in 1990."
"haven't made it, and don't plan on doing so. sounds really good, but i am diabetic and watch my carbs and one piece of this pie is more that I can eat for a meal plus a snack. please publish diabetic friendly pies like this. surely it could be made more diabetic friendly??"
"My mom actually made this, and I loved it! We have tried quite a few new desserts this year and so far this has been the best. The coconut is my favorite part, and the rest of my family was really impressed with how well the orange went with the whole thing. Very easy to make too. We decided to make this a new addition to our Thanksgiving menu every year!"
"I REALLY LIKED THIS .I WAS A LITTLE LEARY TO START WITH BUT I WENT RIGHT BY THE RECIPE AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT I WILL BE MAKING IT AGAIN"