Ambrosia Fruit Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a saucepan, set pineapple aside. Add brown sugar and orange peel to the juice; heat until sugar dissolves. Peel and section oranges into a large bowl, reserving any juice; add the apples and pineapple. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir gently. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Ambrosia Fruit
"My mother always added grapefruit sections and peeled grapes to this as well as the other fruits and coconut. I loved it."
"This made an excellent accompaniment to a Christmas morning brunch of quiche Lorraine and pecan caramel rolls. I added a sliced banana."