Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a saucepan; set pineapple aside. Add brown sugar and orange zest to the juice; heat until sugar dissolves. Peel and section oranges into a large bowl, reserving any juice; add the apples and pineapple. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir gently. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 6, 2012
My mother always added grapefruit sections and peeled grapes to this as well as the other fruits and coconut. I loved it.
Dec 25, 2007
This made an excellent accompaniment to a Christmas morning brunch of quiche Lorraine and pecan caramel rolls. I added a sliced banana.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.