Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a saucepan; set pineapple aside. Add brown sugar and orange zest to the juice; heat until sugar dissolves. Peel and section oranges into a large bowl, reserving any juice; add the apples and pineapple. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir gently. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 15, 2019
This recipe is super easy as well as delicious and the only thing I did was to add some grapes for color. I like my dishes to have lots of color. I added the coconut just before serving but it could be left off if you have some who do not love it. I made no other changes. Volunteer Field Editor
Nov 6, 2012
My mother always added grapefruit sections and peeled grapes to this as well as the other fruits and coconut. I loved it.
Dec 25, 2007
This made an excellent accompaniment to a Christmas morning brunch of quiche Lorraine and pecan caramel rolls. I added a sliced banana.