Ambrosia Fruit Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 drops almond extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice (discard or save remaining juice for another use). Place pineapple and juice in a bowl; add remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 16, 2012
I'll back-off the coconut a little the next time. A half-cup would probably suffice. I love coconut, but this was a little too much. I also added about 1/4 tsp of almond extract and it was outstanding. I also had one Cara Cara orange and one navel orange, giving the ambrosia even more variety of flavors. Outstanding!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.