Ambrosia Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1 tablespoon sliced star fruit, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple; reserving juice. In a large bowl, add the bananas, pineapple, grapes, oranges and half the coconut; pour reserved juice over the fruit; lightly toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, pour ginger ale over salad and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with star fruit if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 185 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Ambrosia Compote
"made this for Thanksgiving family loved it light and tasty great change from the heavier ones!"