This sparkling fruit salad is versatile and pretty enough for dessert. I like to vary the fruits ... and will sometimes top them off with a dollop of ginger-laced whipped cream or yuletide star fruit garnish.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1 tablespoon sliced star fruit, optional
- Drain pineapple; reserving juice. In a large bowl, add the bananas, pineapple, grapes, oranges and half the coconut; pour reserved juice over the fruit; lightly toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, pour ginger ale over salad and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with star fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 185 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Ambrosia Compote in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.