- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in peels and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forAmbrosia Bites
"Delicious! I have sometimes substituted lemon and orange extracts for the grated peel when I don't have lemons and oranges on hand."
"These are awesome. The only thing I would do differently is add more nuts. The taste of citrus made them pop."
"My 91 year old mother just made this receipt and said it was the best cookie she has ever eaten. So...I decided to go on line and print out the receipe to make for my co-workers.*****"
"My 91 year old mother just made this receipt and said it was the best cookied she has ever eaten. So...I decided to go on line and print out the receipe to make for my co-workers."
"I don't know who took the photo, because if you follow the recipe to the letter they do NOT come out looking like this... they're much flatter and chewier. If you want them too look like the photo add more flour.Now that that is said... These cookies are AWESOME! It's a new twist (for me anyway) on the old oatmeal raisin cookie. I'll never make them the old way again!"
"These cookies just blew everyone away that tasted them. With every bite you are able to something different. I made these as Christmas gifts and now it's after the holidays and I am still getting requests for them!"